In 2015 the Mega Truck Series in partnership with Average Joes Entertainment are working to bring you some of the biggest, baddest, offroad events with concerts. The majority of our series is race based, but we will have other components, as parks permit. For a FULL list of Truck Rules and Safety Regulations see below. Please remember as you read these, we are trying to take this sport to the next level. In doing so, we must have some sort of consistency and safety to our events.
2015 MTS Rules
All trucks must have:
- One in cab Fire Extinguisher, (If you run Alcohol you must have the correct extinguisher for Alcohol)
- Drive shaft safety loops and U-Joint Guards
- No tires smaller than 12.4 Tractor Tires (V-Tread only must be at least 45 inches tall)
- Must have ignition kill switch within reach of driver while strapped in
- Roll cage must be tied into the main frame with a minimum of 8 points.
- You must have a front and rear attachment point for recovery. (Care will be taken, but We are not responsible for damage to your truck during recovery)
- Fuel cell must be mounted outside of the cab.
- A battery disconnect mounted on the rear of the truck.
- Must have firewall between driver and engine
- All trucks must have brakes and reverse
- Throttle pedal must have a tab to pull back up in case the throttle gets stuck.
- *A remote shut off system. Contact Big Don @ (903) 340-4111 for cost effective unit
All Drivers must Wear:
- Safety Gear (If your safety gear is expired you will NOT be allowed to race)
- Fire Suit one or two piece single layer is fine.
- DOT Approved Full face helmet
- Hans style neck restraint system, no foam collars
- A five point safety restraint harness
- Only one Driver and Crew Member will be allowed on the track.
- If you go out of bounds, you will be Disqualified. This will be up to track officials.
- Any questions or complaints will be directed to track officials only. Their decision is final.
- You must be strapped in helmet on and ready to race when it’s your turn. We will not hold the race up waiting for you to get ready. If you need more time, your one crew member can relay the message to a track official ahead of time, don’t wait until it’s your turn to let us know.
PIT AREA RULES:
- Drivers are responsible for the behavior of their crew, families and children in the pit area. Please be respectful to other race teams at all times.
- NO FIGHTING! If you fight you’re done, this goes for crew as well as drivers.
- No cutting up or spinning out anywhere outside the race course. This includes the pits, the parking lot, gravel roads and any other low speed areas. You WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
All these rules WILL be followed at all times.
- If you are caught breaking these rules you and your race team will be asked to leave the property, and no refunds will be given.
- All racers are expected to be at the drivers meeting on time.
***ALL drivers must register at megatruckseries.com no less than one week out from each race. This will allow us time to prepare for the race and properly staff the track. The registration fee will be refunded 100% in cash during the drivers meeting, this will help eliminate people signing up and not showing up.***